Thursday, September 13, 2007

Stuck!


"Hey yeah! Get this on film! Look at New York's finest!"

That's what the guy shouted at me. But hey! That guy's right! Never mind that my camera doesn't pack film, and there wasn't much the cops could do. There's a bus stuck in that intersection, right there at Crosby Street and Grand! C'mon coppers, fix it!

You know what's coming. Grand will back up all the way down the west side. Then no one can move downtown on Broadway. No one can move uptown on Sixth, either. But that isn't all, man. Everything's gonna stop dead in midtown. That lady's gonna have her baby in the taxicab! My kid gets nervous in traffic, he throws up.

Hey, you, with the pencil. You look like an accountant. How much is this gonna cost the Economy? What, like $4 million for every minute this sunnuvabitch doesn't move this bus?

Spiraling up, with horns honking. The motion of commerce suddenly threatened. All this because they had to block off Grand Street and send the traffic up Crosby. But Crosby couldn't handle that big bus, not with a row of cars parked on both sides. So it lodged there, and city's having a heart attack.

Now the driver isn't even in the bus. What the fuck!


3 comments:

Kaitlin said...

Oh no! poor bus driver! :(

Jason said...

Well observed.

Joe Woods said...

Hey Andrew, I didn't know where else to comment, so I figured I'd do it here.

Nice blog. For some reason your email showed up in my gmail spam folder. I guess that Paris Hilton commentary did you in!

Hope all is well.